Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hot Dog Zone?

So Monday was unseasonably hot in St. Louis and just about everywhere. This got me thinking about the weather. Then I thought about Bob Richards who used to be the weather man for Channel 5 back when I was a kid. He was a wacky but somewhat likeable guy who killed himself by flying a plane up in the air and then straight into the ground. His good friend on the TV station was the sports guy: Mike Bush. Mike Bush had part of his segment where he showed sports highlights called "The Highlight Zone." I guess it was pretty popular. Popular enough that he later opened a restaurant called Mike Bush's Hot Dog Zone. I think it was on Manchester Road in West County.

I don't consider myself the King of finding stuff on the internet, but I think I'm pretty good at it. I looked for a good 5 minutes for any history on the internet of the "Hot Dog Zone" but with no success. So I will offer a reward of a hot dog to anyone who finds mention on the interwebs. I suppose now I should tell some people that this weblog exists, otherwise I'll never find the "Hot Dog Zone."

That's the kind of thing I think about.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Here is an oblique reference to it:
http://countenance.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/just-what-we-need-2/