Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Head On Collision

So I was involved in a car accident over the weekend. There I was ready to enjoy my free hour, thanks to day light savings time, and some girl decides to ruin it for me. It was about 11:30 pm on Saturday night and Casey, Ashley, The sHadow and I decided to head to South Grand for some excitement. We only made it to right in front of the Bevo Mill when we were hit. We were just going straight through a green light and two people turned left right in front of me. I couldn't get around the second one and thus the night sucked. The good news is that everyone was fine. The airbags came out and they smell like shit (actually sulfur like). The bad news is that I had a nice cheap car with low miles that now is reduced to scrap metal. I'll end up getting a little money, but I guess I'm going to be car shopping soon. If anyone has any suggestions or free cars, please let me know.

One funny thing that happened that night is my short conversation with the tow truck driver. AAA showed up very quickly, which was nice. The driver was a super nice guy. Once I got in the truck he didn't really seem to care about the accident, but he asked me if I knew a lot about day trading. I told him that I took a finance class a long time ago, but I don't know enough to help him make any money. Then I told him about this study in which the top financial gurus and a group of monkeys both picked stocks. They tracked the stock performance over a period of time, and the monkey's stocks performed better every time. I don't think that he found me all that helpful, but his strange interest in the stock market made the night a little more light and fluffy.

I think that people think that I am a genius because I wear glasses. I am not stupid by any means, but I would not say that I am a genius. The tow truck guy thought enough of me to ask financial advice and I always was assumed to be the brains behind the operation at my old job. Even though at my old job I would travel with computer programmers and IT personnel, I would get asked the questions because I look nerdier. How bout that?

Another funny thing about the car accident is when I was filing a claim with the insurance company. I gave the names of everyone in our car, and the lady thought I was pretty suave. I told them that Casey, Ashley and Kris were in the car with me. She then sounded a little more disappointed when I told her that I was not taking in the night life with three ladies, but one lady and two guys with girls names. I guess that is like saying you hung out with a celebrity last night, and it turns out that the celebrity was Dennis Haskins (otherwise known as Mr. Belding). Oh well.

Smell you later.

5 comments:

DOB said...

I really can't think of a celebrity I'd RATHER hang out with than Dennis Haskins.

And I'm sorry about your accident.

Jessica said...

ah hahahahahaha. man. you crack me up.

Jessica said...

oh, and i'm sorry about your accident too.

aimless said...

I would have gotten to meet Dennis Haskins if it weren't for us having to take you to college you bastard!

PKP said...

I saw a link to your blog on Dan's blog and I remembered you as the funny stranger lost with us in the corn. But, can you really call someone a stranger when you've been lost with them in corn? Also, sorry about your accident. Also, "Ka-kaw! Ka-kaw!"

-Pat