Friday, November 9, 2007

Sturgeon Surgeon

First I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts while I recover from my no injuries as a result of the car accident. The good news is that although everything is not done with the insurance companies and what not, we are getting a rental car tonight. We haven't been that bad off because Ashley has been nice enough to loan us his car when we need it, but Casey is getting tired of a manual transmission with no power steering.

I have been going to the workout room at work pretty regularly. I usually go after work, but occasionally at lunch. When I go at lunch, this lady is always really excited to get on the treadmill and watch Matlock. She is probably no older than 33. I tried to warn her that she will wake up and be 85 years old if she continues to watch Matlock, but she won't listen.

I found out that one of my bosses used to be a platform dancer at Tremors at Six Flags. Tremors was this shitty dance club for teenagers that was open from 1989 to 1993. It later turned into the carrot club and later was bulldozed and used for the Batman ride (a wise move). I don't think I ever actually went there, but I remember going with my Mom to pick up my sister from there occasionally. I picture a lot of hairspray bangs and other great early 90s apparel. Anyway, there also was a TV show on channel 11 where they had live video from inside Tremors. We are going to try to locate some of these tapes to embarrass our boss. If anyone has them, please give them to me.

Other than that, not a lot happening. The new Coen brothers movie looks pretty good, so maybe I'll go see that. Also, I can't get the speakers on my computer at home to work. I have been trying to listen to music more often to try to inspire me to pick up my instruments more than a few times a month, but things keep getting in the way. Oh well.

1 comment:

aimless said...

Is this boss you're referring to also one of my bosses?