Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving (the aftermath)

Last week was pretty great.

We had 2 Thanksgivings. The first at my parents house in Fenton was laid back, fun and relaxing. Just hanging out with the family and looking at my uncle's pictures from his travels.

Then, since we are party animals, we went out to CBGBs to have some delicious $1 beers. I think it was called Huber Boch. We drank a lot and had a bunch of conversations that were not appropriate for the Internet (is that possible).

Since we got paid off from the insurance company we had to go find a car. Knock on wood it was a pretty painless process. We looked online at a bunch of dealers at first. Then, we found one that had a lot of options and went there. We test drove 2 cars and then bought one of them. As you might have noticed I care very little about cars. I just want them to go and I don't really care what it looks like. I actually like the car we got though. Which probably means someone will drop a dumpster on it or it will be washed away in a flood. It is a 1999 Honda Accord. That doesn't sound that exciting, but it is like a luxury model with leather seats, sun/moon roof, CD player, buttons on the steering wheel that let you change the volume and radio station, etc.. It is pretty sweet and it cost way less than buying a new car.

The only bad thing about buying the car is that we did it on Friday night and it took a lot longer than we expected. We missed out on spending some time with the Johnnie boy/Christmas/Jen/Mike and Janel clan. Although really all we missed was seeing John's baby (which I have already seen more times than I care to). Just kidding, or am I?

Then on Saturday we had Thanksgiving #2 at Ashley's house. It was a lot of fun and there was tons of food. Casey even made one of the best desserts ever: The Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake. Complete with like 3 sticks of butter, a ton of cream cheese, a pound of powdered sugar and a chocolate cake mix it is great. Here are some action shots of Casey making the cake with help from the doggies.


After the big meal we continued to eat dessert and drink beer and watch the mighty Missouri Tigers stomp Kansas. They are pretty good and I must confess that I am excited about this weekend's game. Although I still think that the Truman State University Bulldogs could teach them a thing or two about football. After the game it went downhill fast when nana, andrew and casey decided to look at videos on the internet of people shitting on eachother and various other things. Luckliy there are many rooms in Ashley's house. I prefer to make jokes about people shitting on eachother and not look at people doing it on the internet. I'm just old fashioned like that.

So that's it.

1 comment:

DOB said...

stop judging me, prude!!