Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hongry

Again I have been shirking my blogging responsibilities for too long.

I started reading The Road last night and I like it a lot so far. I just think the idea of a couple of people roaming the world post apocolypse is pretty cool. I'm not sure what that says about me. I get along with everyone, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a lover of people in general. That was the first time in a long while that I have been able to read. Lately I can't concentrate and start to get sleepy whenever I would start reading. I think it is the TV killing me.

Casey has been going to roller derby practice again after a 2 year or so hiatus. We are really working hard to think of a good roller derby name, but not having a lot of luck. Here are the ones I have thought of: Cuntastrophe and Thyme Crisis or Thyme Machine. The real problem is that the names have to be family friendly.

Work has been steady which has been nice. I also started working from home 2 days a week. It is about as great as possible. I still have to work, but I don't have to drive anywhere or shower or any of that other bullshit. I also can read, watch TV, or take the dogs for a walk during my lunch break. I highly reccomend working from home to everyone.

I really want to see There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis is crazy. We did see Juno on Saturday and I liked it quite a bit. I feel like Jason Bateman's character in that I don't ever want to grow up, but I'm less of a dick than him.

We went to dinner with the old man E. Elz. It was good to see the old boy. It had been quite a long time. We went to Chuy's Mexican restaurant and then got some dessert at this place where his ladyfriend works. He was recently at the Science Center and he wanted Astronaut Ice Cream really bad because he liked it so much as a kid. Then he got some and it was a let down. I will agree with him that they give you too small of a portion, but I still think that stuff is pretty tasty. When I was growing up I always wanted to be an Astronaut. I'm not sure why. It seems like a pain in the ass. I'll just be happy looking at the night sky.

No comments: