Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fried Pickles

Hey.


I think I'm regressing back to having an all food related post, but what else is a fat guy supposed to write about? shopping for tight jeans?


So the Anniversary dinner at the Lemp Mansion was good. I wish we could have explored the house a little more, but I think you have to stay the night to get full access. Delicious.


Friday night it took me, Ashley, Ben and the Shadow about an hour to decide where to eat dinner. We tried the strategy of having everyone rate the proposed restaurant on a scale of 1-5. This does not work well especially since only 3 of us participated in the voting. We decided on the Everest Cafe which, of course, was really crowded. We went across the street to the Atomic Cowboy which I had never been to and no one had eaten there before. I must say that I pretty much loved the food. They had fried pickle spears, fried plantains, lots of hot sauce and many foods to choose from. I got a cheeseburger burrito and it was pretty rockin.


Saturday I went to Phil's BBQ in Affton with my parents. We decided to try to support the locals although we knew we would have preferred Bandanas. We should have gone to Bandanas. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't exciting. I would elaborate but who would care.


I'm trying to remember anything else that has happened recently but can't come up with much. I saw Wall-E and Wanted at Ronnies. Wall-E was pretty great and Wanted was entertaining but I definitely would have made some changes in it.


Do you want to see a drawing that my PhD brother made? I think it is pretty masterful. I think I need to take some time off work.
Here:


No comments: