Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meister Brau

Hi.

How are you?

I'm pretty good. I'm kind of a celebrity. Not really but I'll take what I can get.

Well I went to a birthday party for Meister last night. It was to be on some platform on the Mississippi river in North City. I'll admit I was a little suspicious but thought it would be a fun adventure. It was pretty fun. Bands played (Civic Progress great as usual and Bad Blood from Brooklyn was pretty entertaining), giant spiders were seen, hippies almost fell to their death, the birthday boy almost died, a questionable noise band took about an hour setting up and proceeded to play for about 4 minutes and probably other things happened. I was mad that I didn't bring my camera, but someone took a bunch of pictures and put them on the river front times website (thus my celebrity status). Here is a link: http://riverfronttimes.com/slideshow/view/97005

Here are some of my faves for the lazies:






















I had a good week this past week. I met up with some old friends for some delicious gyros. By old friends I mean elderly. They were all over 30. They are still fun to hang around although they smell old and constantly ate hard candy.
I played tennis for the first time in about a year. It was a lot of fun and it was good to see Joe. He will be having a baby in the near future so I will probably never see him again. I have to get in the bonding time now.
Casey had her 1st roller derby bout. It was going pretty well until she broke her arm. Unfortunately that is not a joke. She is doing ok, but she will have to be in a sling for at least 2 weeks. At least her team won and a good time was had by most.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the place where the party was last night is right next to what is called Cementland. This is an old concrete factory that the guy who owns the City Museum bought a few years ago. He hopes to make it into a crazy sculpture park. Check it out: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/25/arts/design/25ceme.html
I need to go eat a burrito.

1 comment:

Can the boy tell time? said...

i love butterscotch candy.