Thursday, August 7, 2008

Now You're Playing With Power?

I want to say I've posted this picture before, but I don't see it so maybe i'm going nuts. I actually thought a few months ago that it would be cool to get a tattoo of the nintendo power glove. I googled it and immediately made up my mind not to based on this. Not that it is not great, but not my style you know.




Maybe this one would be more appropriate.



So I feel like I have not posted on here in forever, but I think it has just been about a week.

Some highlights perhaps?

It was another blast from the past weekend. I got to see K-Torr and Anne on Thursday for some drinks at the Royale. Ashley and Casey were there too. I think it was Ashley's 3rd consecutive night there. His dedication to hanging out at bars is inspirational.

Then it was off to Iowa City on Friday. The drive went by smoothly and I was able to pick up NPR almost the whole ride. I didn't stop once and it took right at 4 hours. I got to see the doctor, Ingrid, the kiddies, the turtles, Fiona, the Rat and Mia who I haven't seen since who knows when in Kirksville. It was pretty relaxing. We took walks, drank beer (New Belgium Sunshine Wheat was delicious), ate food, watched Old School and Drillbit Taylor, played Dr. Mario, played Rock Band. Is there anything else you would rather do? I really like Iowa City. I miss the small college town feel a lot. You can walk/bike anywhere and it is very laid back. The drive home was good as well and I met up with Ashley, The Shadow, Casey, Ashleigh and Jenny for some Onesto. Even thought we pretty much never get good service there I still am a big fan. There were these old drunk people (probably in their 60s) making strange noises and talking about sex loudly.

I thought that it was a very successful weekend. Then as I was driving to work on Monday the dreaded "Check Engine" light was on. Did I ever mention that I hate cars? I do. If I were to make a list of the worst all time inventions, the automobile would be number 1. So it was in the shop for 2 days and cost me too much money again. I did get to work from home for two days which was kind of nice, but kind of boring since there was no one to talk to.

Speaking of boring this post is a rambler.

Ok. I saw Pineapple Express last night and it is very good and funny. I am going to California tomorrow to see Gregor. I am excited. I haven't been out of this time zone in about a year. Hopefully I don't end up on TMZ for hanging out with celebrities and showing off my panties in the OC. If anyone has any suggestions for things to do in the Orange County/Los Angeles area please let me know.

Have a great day.



No comments: