Monday, October 6, 2008

Jeff drops below 10,000 for first time since '04

I'm going to go ahead and say I had a great weekend. I also think I made a rather important economic discovery:

As the economy declines the number of adults who ride children's bicycles increases.

I came up with this hypothesis when driving home from work on Friday. I saw 3 men riding kid bikes.

Friday I had a hard bootcamp class after work. Then I rushed home to get ready to celebrate Karista's birthday. As I was getting ready I think I broke or sprained one of my toes. It is feeling better now but it is all purple and was very painful. I met up with Karista, Anne, Ryan & Ann (Who I have not seen in a very long time and was happy that it didn't feel strange) to go bowling at the Moolah. I had some beers and bowled my best game ever (183). I was definitely out of bowling shape because my bicep still feels like jello today. Then we went to the Scottish Arms, which I had not been to before, to meet up with Catherine. It was ok. I had a Strongbow Cider which was cold and delicious. Karista had scotch, which I still have nightmares about from my 21st birthday. The music was really loud, but it didn't seem like the type of place that should have had loud music. I stayed till it closed and walked out to see that someone had their back car window smashed. Luckily my car was fine and that was that. Karista is old.

Saturday was nice and relaxing. I watched football and some fights and that is really about all I can recall about Saturday. Casey was kind of sick so we stayed in.


Sunday was also relaxing, but we actually went out to something called a Canine Carnival. We took the doggies and they seemed to have a good time. It was fun to see lots of dogs, some of which were wearing costumes. We actually got our picture taken and put on the internets. Here it is:



You probably can't tell, but Wicket is wearing a skeleton t-shirt and peanut is wearing a skull t-shirt. They don't know how to pose for cameras very well. Here is a link to look at other people's doggies: http://stlouis.metromix.com/events/photogallery/apa-canine-carnival/659178/content

After the dog festivities we met up with Ashley and the Shadow to eat at Pi. I know that eating pizza is not good for someone in a weight loss contest, but screw you. It was the first time any of us had been there and it was delicious. The crust was made with cornmeal so it is a different taste, but damn was it good. Casey went to a roller derby meeting at night and I decided to make a giant white russian using possibly expired half and half. It did the trick and I was feeling good and then sleepy. A nice end to a nice weekend.

Get ready to steal your kid bikes.

No comments: