Thursday, October 2, 2008

This makes me laugh

Breast Cancer Launches WNBA Awareness Month

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/breast_cancer_launches_wnba


I know it is not in the least bit creative to put down an onion article in my blog, but this made me chuckle. I feel your pain women's professional basketball. I don't know many people who like basketball, let alone women's basketball.

I found out that I am getting a raise. Hopefully that is a good sign that I won't be fired. Or is it their excuse to say that they can't afford me now?

Reading financial/economic news makes me want to drink heavily. I took 3 economics classes in college and I did well in all of them, but I still think that everyone is making everything up. Here is a link to this guy Mike's blog: http://rortybomb.wordpress.com/ I don't know Mike super well, but we have corresponded on a few occasions. He is super cool and smart and I usually like reading his take on economics.

It's a good thing that I'm starving myself or I might start to drink heavily. Those damn *alcoholic calories!!!

* The first time I spelled alcoholic I was so far off that the spell check suggestions were very funny. Unfortunately now that I've spelled it right I can't remember my first misspelling.

2 comments:

cjpope said...

I actually didn't read your link, but I did read and caught up on your blog. Now that was funny and therapeutic. Congrats on the raise.

Mike said...

Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the link.

It is that bad. Luckily, we are young. We don't have enough savings to be wiped out, and our livers can handle some damage.

Hope all is well....