Monday, January 12, 2009

It puts the lotion on its skin

I have been putting on lotion since I almost scratched all my skin off last week. I must say that I hate it. I feel slimy all day and like a woman. I feel like a slimy woman. Besides that all is well.

Friday night was pretty low key. Me and the Mrs went to bandanas BBQ. We usually enjoy this, but it was a real disappointment. I kind of don't want to go there ever again. We then rented Kung-Fu Panda from the Red Box outside of Walgreens. I was impressed at how easy and cheap this thing is. I watched Kung-Fu Panda and fell asleep on the couch. I did watch the rest on Saturday morning though. It was pretty damn good.

Saturday night I got to see Ricky Elz and his lovely special lady friend at The Scottish Arms. It was good to see them and catch up. The biggest revelation of the night is that Eric has nicknames for anyone he cares about. So if he ever calls you by your full name then you know you are off of his will. In addition to the conversation I had some delicious beers and chips. That place is pretty nice, but I never understand what type of person hangs out there. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, just something to think about.

Sunday I woke up with a terrible headache, but managed to fight it off, walk the dogs, and play a few hours of Zelda.

This is so funny it makes my head hurt again:


http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary

2 comments:

Mike said...

I am glad your itching problem has been diagnosed and is mild. In part because I can link to this New Yorker article (which is a very odd horrorfest kind of thing for the magainze) about people who have to be institutionalized for scratching, including one woman who scratched to her brain (!) - is it trauma, or phantom memories in the brain?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/06/30/080630fa_fact_gawande?currentPage=all

So it could be worse. Also that's probably a terrible article to link to you. So sorry.

JK said...

Holy Shit!

I am glad that I read that article after I went to the doctor, or I might have made myself crazy thinking I was going to scratch into my brain. Thus scratching into my brain.