Friday, April 3, 2009

Moustache

I have a moustache today. I will try to remember to take a picture 2nite. It is pretty hilarious. I laugh every time I look at myself. As more of my face is exposed on a daily basis I am reminded that my face is not very good to look at. Maybe I should start growing more things on it to cover it up.

I am about 1/3 of the way through Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It is pretty good and brutal. I know that I could die at any time, but reading this book reminds me how easy I have it. Maybe that is why I like reading/watching dark depressing stuffs so much.

The Dallas trip was fine. We didn't do a whole heck of a lot, but that was pretty relaxing.

Went to a great show at the Wedge on Tuesday. I know can you believe I actually went and did something during the week. 4 bands that were all pretty good. I don't know if the sound guy was great or the room was perfect, but all of the bands sounded amazing. Glass Teeth always puts on a great show and I hadn't seen them in a while so that was nice. I was really impressed with Masshysteri. They are a Swedish band that sings in Swedish. How bout that. I kind of preferred it. I like to think of the voice as another instrument unless the lyrics are really good. This allowed me to just get into the melody and not worry about the lyrics. They were really excited to be in St. Louis because they liked Chuck Berry. They played Johnny B. Goode.

Ahhhh yes.

I am going to Columbia tomorrow to watch some roller derby. I need some companions. Who's in?

No comments: