Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Church

Man tonight has been uber relaxing so far. I can not complain. I came home from work, played with the dogs a little, ate a sandwich, took a nap, watched some baseball & Into The Wild and then went on a dog walk once it wasn't balls hot out. Beautiful. Even though the guy dies at the end of Into The Wild, it still really makes you want to take off and go west for at least a few weeks.

I had a lot of fun over the weekend with the roller derbies. We drove to Evansville, IN so Casey and the St. Lunachix could take on the Demolition City Roller Girls. The venue was really cool and we kicked some ass so it was nice to demoralize the home fans. I also ate some pancake puppies at Denny's on the way home. They are like funnel cake balls covered in cinnamon & sugar and dipped in syrup. Man were they not terrible.

A word of advice for Evansville and the city government: Don't make people pay $15 dollars to go to a festival called the Freedom Festival. Especially when it is 95 goddamn degrees outside and you also block off the entire riverfront to anyone not willing to pay $15. This is one thing that St. Louis really has going for it. Free stuff to do. Festivals, parks, zoo, etc, etc, etc. I bet the VP fair or whatever it is called now makes a lot more money than the Evansville freedom festival even though there is free admission. Bad Evansville. Oh you also should do something about most of the houses in your town falling apart. There are some really nice looking houses, but 2 out of 3 had the roof caving in.

I wish I had some pictures from the trip, but our camera sucks and I need a new one. Maybe an anniversary present for us. 5 years, can you believe it?

Oh the reason I titled this post Church is because that name has been following me around the last few days. They showed Pet Semetary at Lemmons last night and the zombie cat's name is Church. There is also a guy on the Met's named Ryan Church. I also got a message from someone I used to work with in the prison food warehouse. This reminded me of this guy I used to work with in said prison food warehouse. He was quite a character. His name was Church (I'm not sure why). My favorite memory of him was when it was super hot one summer and he made a fake air conditioner out of a cardboard box and put a fan inside of it. It was heelarious.

Alright I need to go have a date with Resident Evil 5. I love you.

No comments: