Thursday, March 11, 2010

Has Spring Sprang?

Yesterday was possibly the best day of the year in St. Louis (weather wise). I don't mean 2010 up until now, but most likely the whole year. Here are the reasons why:

1. It was unexpected and that made it extra special. It was not unlike cleaning out your freezer and finding a JELL-O pudding pop that you had forgotten about. In this scenario the act of cleaning out the freezer = the dead of winter, and the JELL-O pudding pop = nice weather. I also don't mean the JELL-O pudding pops you can go out and buy today, but the original larger more delicious treats of my childhood. So on further thought the freezer is like a time machine to better times. OK so update on the scenario:

The Freezer = window to carefree days of childhood
The act of cleaning out the freezer = the dead of winter
The JELL-O pudding pop = nice weather

Now that I think about it some more I'm not sure if it is the time traveling freezer or the original JELL-O pudding pop that truly represents the carefree days of childhood. I think that the JELL-O pudding pop has to represent both the current nice weather and the actual carefree days of a childhood summer.

The Freezer = window to carefree days of childhood
The act of cleaning out the freezer = the dead of winter
The JELL-O pudding pop = nice weather (currently)
The JELL-O pudding pop = the carefree days of childhood in the summer time

(neither of these kids are me, nor do I know them)

2. Sun is nice.



Although yesterday was very nice it also made me remember the things I don't like so much about spring.

1. It will probably rain a lot. The main reason I am against this is that my dogs have trashed the back yard and there are a few muddy spots. Therefore I will have to wipe their paws off every time they come inside. ( I know my life is rough).
2. The return of yard work.
3. Mosquitoes - The bane of my existence. If anyone knows how to make them all die then please let me know.



I need to be more positive.

3 comments:

logan said...

dude, i bought a electric tennis racket for the skeeters. it doesn't keep them away but you get a satisfying pop and spray of blood.

JACK TIDE said...

Regarding your impending mosquito situation, I concur. A friend of mine said that what he does is kill seven mosquitos and then makes a necklace out of their tiny severed heads as a visual warning to the others. It worked until he accidentally wore the necklace in the shower, then he had mosquito head smudges blurring down his chest.

I, personally, can't think of a way to defeat them en masse. So I just run.

I run fast.

John Hubert said...

move to colorado