Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holy Shit!!! Stop what you are doing and look at this

Please take a look at the Ad you see above. Does someone at Schnucks really think that whipped topping for .69 is going to get people into the store that otherwise would not go? Really? I could maybe understand if it was around a major holiday like Thanksgiving or Flag Day, but March 4th? St. Patrick's day is coming soon, but guess what....the whipped topping is not even green.*

* Actually I'm only complaining because I just stocked up on whipped topping last week. I feel like a fool because I bought 30 tubs of whipped topping and wasted $25.20 (estimated savings based on .84 savings per carton) of my hard earned money.


Keeping on the subject of food, here are some quick reviews of some new places I have tried out recently:

1. Friendly's Sports Bar (to watch the Gold Medal USA vs Canada Hockey game):

Pros: They had one of those games where you hit a punching bag to see how strong you are. This big dude with a backwards KC Royals hat spent about $20 trying to impress some girl that was wearing shorts and Ugg boots in February. They were also headbutting the machine for about another $20 worth of fun. She was later sitting with him with the KC Royals hat on her head. Damn I wish I had moves like that guy. He is GQ Smooth.

The beer and food specials during games are very good. The food was not exceptional, but I only ordered off the $1.50 menu.

They have a lot of TVs, although none of them were what I would call large.

USA USA - especially tying the game up with less than a minute remaining.

Cons: As a result of the cheap beer most people start to get annoying. Although it was the type of thing that if they were your friends it might be funny, but if you are not with them it was annoying.

They had one of those games where you hit a punching bag to see how strong you are. This big dude with a backwards KC Royals hat spent about $20 trying to impress some girl that was wearing shorts and Ugg boots in February. They were also headbutting the machine for about another $20 worth of fun. She was later sitting with him with the KC Royals hat on her head.

Canada

Final rating: Cheap and relatively fun to watch drunks, but better if your team wins.



2. Sammy Scott's

This is a new gourmet/panini/sandwich shop in creve coeur. I decided to try it out for lunch on Monday. It appeared to be everything I would like in a sandwich shop (Gourmet sides, hot sandwiches with interesting toppings and combinations), but it ended up a little bland. It was not bad by any means, but it did not knock my socks off. I think I'll try a different sandwich and give it another try. Oh I got the Cuban sandwich, Mac & cheese and Iced Tea.

Final rating: You should have been honored to be inside me so I wanted you to be better.


3. 5 Guys Burgers and Fries

Hungry Eyes from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack was on the sound system while I was there.

Final Rating: 12 out of 10**

**The burgers were great, the Cajun fries were good and plentiful. Everything was a little on the pricey side. Without Hungry Eyes the rating would be maybe an 7.5 out of 10. Maybe the closest thing to In-N-Out burger in Saint Louis.

I shouldn't have thought about In-N-Out Burger. I want to fly to the west coast for lunch now.

1 comment:

Courtney Brunsfeld said...

I just laughed a lot. Good job.